Thursday, June 26, 2008

Pansexuality: Love is Everything

As I've been trying to find my own sexual identity, its been a path of discovery and self truth; love is everywhere and can be found in everyone, no matter their gender or persuasion.

Love comes in every color and creed; my digital art w/ my photo.
---------------------------------------------------------------------


In the 60's they had free love, in the 70's they had swinging, in the 80's everyone buttoned up because of the AIDS scare and in the 90's be-condomed teenagers fucked in their basements while Nirvana played in the background. The now is something different.

More or less, people are coming out as their most true selves, the gay, the bi, the straight, the genderqueer, the transgendered, the transsexual and people have been forced to deal with all this information and all of these options as a potential identity.

I was raised with the belief that you should love and respect everyone, no matter their physical disability, their sexual persuasions or their race or creed, I was raised in love. My mother always just wanted me to be happy and when at thirteen I told her I had dreams of having sex with women, she smiled and said that I shouldn't worry because I should just do whatever it was I wanted to do and feel however I should to find my own happiness.

I am filled with love to the bursting point.

Ever since I was a little girl I was always the one who made friends with the boy who was pushed down in the playground, his knees bloodied and tears streaming down his face; I would be the one to hold out her hand and show him acceptance and love. I am the girl who would pick up a conversation with the new girl in school, just to make the frown leave her face as she sat alone at lunch. I am the girl who hugged her best friend when the guys on the football team teased him for being gay and punched him, his cheek bruised and tears streaming down his face.

There is no person on Earth with a loving heart that I would exclude from my friendship based on the social strata or rules. I have never followed a vanilla path in life and have always held an open mind that has been shocked by little. I feel life is an experience that needs to be milked for all that it has, and to exclude anyone, any thing, any activity or preclusion would be denying my passion for life.

I am a blank slate for experience and I intend to get my money's worth. :)

So staying in this vein, my mind has wandered around figuring out my own sexuality, given the fact that I have experienced much in the way of diversity with the two sexes and what you can do with your body and the bodies of others; I have come to conclusion that I never have to make up my mind.

I can live as I see fit.

My best friend said something fantastic as he introduced me to a friend of his at a party a few weeks ago. In the gay community, if someone is introduced to you and it isn't obvious from the starting point, they ask you what your sexual persuasion is,
"What are you?

Its a common question, and Im not offended by it but it always stumps me. Am I gay? Am I straight? Am I bi? Am I a purple people eater?

When I failed to be able to answer, my friend stepped in a said,

"She's pansexual!"

I laughed and then so did my newly introduced friend,

"Thats gorgeous! Nice to meet you."

I've thought about it during these past few weeks and I have to say, its absolutely true. I wouldn't deny the love of someone that I was attracted to because of their gender identity or their persuasion; if its love, its love.

Pansexuality literally means, to love or be attracted to humans. Yes, humans in general, barring sex, gender, persuasion and hardware. To really love and be turned on by anyone.

Thats not to say that I wouldn't turn away from a certain fetish, because god knows you can't be into everything and its not to say that every single person who walks down the street turn me on, but I wouldn't exclude you from my realm of possibility because of whats in your panties (or even what used to be in your panties), but based on a person, I could never judge or shun; its just not me.

So based on this discovery, if I fell for a post-op transgendered girl, I wouldn't break it off upon finding out about her past. If she was living her life honest to her own soul and her own passion then who am I to stop loving her?

So I guess that makes me an equal opportunity slut, doesn't it?

-------------------------------------------------

Its always been so hard for me to understand whats going on in the minds of those who judge and shun and hurt those who are different from them. I get that they fear what they don't understand and also that people are raised with not so open minded beliefs by their families but once one becomes an adult and sees that gender and sexual persuasion are not things that you should hold against others, wouldn't they open up?

How could so many feel so much hatred?

I think of two mantras when I think of how people should live, The Golden Rule: "Treat others as you would like to be treated." and "All men are created equal." Why can't they be true in all the minds of the entire populace?

Its something I may never understand, but for my life and my contribution, I have only love for everyone and anyone.

.............
...

15 comments:

Athena said...

Yay pansexuality!

Anonymous said...

an amazing amount of insight here;I loved the way you formed this thought process and then wrote it.
I'm very impressed.
I totally agree with you.
I've tried hard to do the same things in my life, not always succeeding, but trying.

Jake said...

You've got a great attitude. On a more geeky note, nice use of the rastorbator on your walls. My room at uni is covered with a giant group photo printed with that :)

la petite dévergondée said...

Thanks guys!

facts and friction: yes I'm a major Rastorbator.

I like them because they're free (yay!) and I can print them out on the printers at school and no one even knows what they're of (this one is of two girls lying in a bed kissing and is on the back of my bedroom door).

clem: thanks so much, I appreciate such a meaningful comment. :*

thena: yay!

♥la petite

Anonymous said...

Amen.

single gal said...

Fabulous - I often tried to put a check in a box and choose something, but I love the idea of pansexuality - embrace it, enjoy it, love it.
Genderqueer was a term that was used for a while but I don't think it was used much outside the academic circle.

Radha said...

"equal opportunity slut" - I love it!
Peace,
Radha

la petite dévergondée said...

haha.

SG: long time no chat, eh? hows the wild north treating you? Yeah "genderqueer" is one of those sort of strange catch-alls for gay, transgendered, transsexual; anyone doesnt act exactly as their natural gender would. I love it. :)

radha: thanks, me too. thats cute.

♥la petite

la petite dévergondée said...

sexual spiritualist: and the peace be with you.

haha

♥la petite

Jake said...

I love your ingenuity when it comes to the production of giant blown-up erotica, very impressive!

la petite dévergondée said...

"giant blown-up erotica"?

haha, one would wonder what one means by this.

♥la petite

Jake said...

Blown-up, magnified, enlarged, rasterbated all over?

Does one comprehend? ;)

la petite dévergondée said...

haha yes love.

Hows the UK this summer? I came in 2003 and 2004 and those summers were hot as hell, and I grew up in Southern California so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to hot weather.

♥la petite

Jake said...

You must have come over during a freak heatwave. Our summers are generally disappointing - we get a week or two of intense heat which everyone complains about, then the rest is mediocre at best, thunderstorms and cloudy at worst. I'd rather be in Cali!

jessb said...

I know I'm terribly behind on your posts but I'm slowly catching up. But, I have to say that this has to be my favorite post. For years I've been trying to figure out exactly what I am.

Pansexuality: Is a perfect definition. This entire blog said exactly what I have always thought and felt.

I no longer have to try and figure it out.

Thank you for that!

And I LOVE your blog by the way.