Thursday, March 18, 2010

They Take Away The Music

We all have that song that we identify with that person in our life, that song that captures a moment in time and every time you hear it, whether its been a minute or a month since you last saw that person for whom you pine, it will bring you straight back to those moments.


Photo via sfsu.com

When the men in my life have walked out or have been kicked out, they take these songs with them and even if I never want to envision their faces in my mind's eye, remember their hands on my curves or cry a tear I promised I would never shed again, these songs always bring all that right back to me.
------------------------------------------ 

Come Home Soon /Shedaisy
"I don't know what you're doin', And I don't know where you are, But I look up at that great big sky, And I hope you're wishin' on that same bright star. I wonder, I pray. And I sleep alone, I cry alone, And it's so hard livin' here on my own, So please, come home soon."

Far Away /Nickelback
"You know, That I love you, I have loved you all along, And I miss you, Been far away for far too long, I keep dreaming youll be with me and you'll never go, Stop breathing if I dont see you anymore. So far away."

Simple and Clean /Utada Hikaru
"Simple and clean is the way that you're making me feel tonight, It's hard to let it go. Hold me, Whatever lies beyond this morning, Is a little later on, Regardless of warnings the future doesn't scare me at all, Nothing's like before..."

Photograph /Nickelback
"Every memory of looking out the back door, I have the photo album spread out on my bedroom floor...Every memory of walking out the front door, I found the photo of the friend that I was looking for, It's hard to say it, time to say it, Goodbye, goodbye."

Wake Me Up When September Ends /Green Day
"Here comes the rain again, falling from the stars, drenched in my pain again, becoming who we are, as my memory rests, but never forgets what I lost, wake me up when September ends. Summer has come and passed, the innocent can never last..."

Chasing Cars /Snow Patrol
"Those three words, Are said too much, They're not enough.
If I lay here, If I just lay here, Would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

You Can Leave Your Hat On /Joe Cocker
"Baby take off your coat, Real slow, Take off your shoes, I'll take off your shoes, Baby take off your dress, Yes, yes, yes...You can leave your hat on."

Not An Addict /K's Choice
"I'm not an addict, maybe that's a lie. Free me, leave me, Watch me as I'm going down, Free me, see me, Look at me I'm falling and I'm falling. It is not a habit, it's cool, I feel alive if you don't have it, you're on the other side."

Lose Control /Evanescence
"Can we play the game your way? Can I really lose control? Just once in my life, I think it'd be nice just to lose control just once with all the pretty flowers in the dust...If I cut you down to a thing I can use, I fear there will be nothing good left of you."

Believe in Me /Lenny Kravitz
"Where's the love we had? When did it go bad? Or am I just insecure? I give all I can baby, I'm your man tell me what we're in this for, remind me."

Til Summer Comes Around /Keith Urban
"But I close my eyes and one more time we're spinning around and you're holding on tightly. The words came out, I kissed your mouth..."

No comments: